DNA and Genealogy Research Services
Are you new to DNA testing and want to know what all the “talk” is about and how DNA testing can help you find your family? Are you confused by the types of DNA tests available or which DNA testing company is best for your research goals? Do you have DNA test results and don’t know what they mean or what to do with them? Do you have a “brick wall” family member you are trying to find and need both traditional, document-based research in combination with DNA research to try to find your family member? I provide both one-on-one individual DNA consultations to help you understand DNA testing and your DNA results and also custom research projects combining traditional genealogical research with genetic genealogy.
Pre-DNA Testing Consultation
- Learn why to DNA test and what to expect from DNA results
- Your questions answered about DNA tests and testing companies
- Review your research goals to create a targeted testing plan to best meet your goals
- Receive recommendations for a cost-saving testing plan that maximizes your results
- Individual 20 minute consultation via GoToMeeting video conference, video chat or phone
Post-DNA Testing Review
- We’ll review your DNA test results and discover what your DNA reveals about you and your family
- Your questions answered about your DNA test results
- Learn about your ethnicity estimate report and significant DNA relative matches
- Learn what other tools and websites are available to help you maximize your DNA results
- Receive recommendations for additional DNA testing, if any, and what your next steps should be
- Individual 1 hour (60 minutes) consultation with screen-sharing via GoToMeeting video conference or video chat
Custom Research Project
- Custom research projects can be created for your specific research goals. Projects may include:
- Traditional, document-based research projects incorporating your DNA results in a formal genealogical research report
- In-depth DNA analysis and a written report including charts of your family relationships and DNA results for a particular research goal
- Management of your DNA results using DNA testing company tools and/or 3rd-party tools, organizing and interpreting your results, creating and uploading a GEDCOM of your family tree to DNA databases, and communicating with your matches
- Custom research projects have no set amount of time needed for the project and NO guarantee a particular conclusion will be reached in the authorized time or at all
Rebecca Christensen, genealogist
Rebecca Christensen is a professional genealogist residing in Kansas. Rebecca began researching her own family in her youth and has been a professional genealogist and member of the Association of Professional Genealogists (APG) since 1995. She was a co-founder of the APG Heartland Chapter in 2001 and currently serves as the chapter president. Rebecca abides by the APG’s Code of Ethics and follows the Genetic Genealogy Standards. Rebecca is a long-term volunteer at her local Family History Center assisting patrons in research problems in locations worldwide and has been the local Family History Center director since 2005.
Rebecca is a graduate of the professional study group ProGen Heartland 2 (October 2012) and the week-long Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh (GRIP) Advanced Genetic Genealogy course coordinated by CeCe Moore (July 2017). She has attended national and regional conferences, APG Professional Management Conferences, Virtual Institute of Genealogical Research (VIGR) courses, Southern California Genealogical Society’s Jamboree Genetic DNA conferences and numerous webinars to stay current in her field. Rebecca was an on-screen genealogist for BYU-TV’s The Generations Project, Nancy episode (2012) and provided research for Who Do You Think You Are? (2017).
Rebecca has experience in researching her own family lines and the families of clients in several geographical regions of the United States and the UK, using both traditional genealogical records and DNA testing results. Rebeccca first became involved with DNA testing in 2001 with two surname DNA projects which she now manages. She has tested with and managed DNA kits at numerous DNA testing companies including Family Tree DNA, Ancestry, 23andMe, Living DNA and several companies who are no longer in business. She has experience correlating DNA results with genealogical evidence to break down brick wall ancestry.
If I didn’t answer all of your questions, feel free to drop me a line anytime.